Low FODMAP Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 Lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning
- Can also substitute:
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- make sure not to buy blended chili powder that contains high FODMAP ingredients
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 gluten-free hard corn taco shells
- can also use low-FODMAP soft shells if preferred (corn only)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar-Jack cheese, grated
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 diced red peppers
- 1 diced green onion (green part only)
- 1/2 head green leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped canned black olives
- Low-FODMAP Salsa
- Chopped cilantro
- Copped limes for garnish
Cooking the Meat:
- Heat some infused oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook ground beef in the skillet and cook until the beef is browned.
- Drain the fat from the meat.
- Add low-FODMAP taco seasoning to your meat, stir, and combine.
- Add 3/8 cup of water to the meat and stir
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the meat to simmer
Putting the Tacos Together
- Warm tacos in microwave/ standard oven (follow instructions on your package)
- Layer the bottom of the shell with beef
- Add diced tomatoes, diced red peppers, green onions, jalapenos, cheese, and lettuce
- Top it with Low FODMAP salsa
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped limes!